Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sports Teams


Football season is now here and Claire needed new hair accessories to wear while watching LSU football and the New Orleans Saints. The top bow is 3 ribbons together with purple on the bottom, yellow in the middle, and white with rhinestones on the top. I did not glue the rhinestones on this one - the ribbon came that way. I looked everywhere for a tiger and finally found one at Hobby Lobby for $3. This is the most expensive hair accessory/hair bow I have made so far because of the tiger and 3 rolls of ribbon at $2 each (half off sale - regularly $4). The total cost ended up around $9 which is still cheaper than purchasing a boutique bow. Plus, she can't outgrow this bow like she can a shirt, so she will get lots of use out of it.

The black and gold bow is a bit more simple. I got the ribbon from Walmart. I had a hard time finding a fleur-de-lis. I found a pewter charm at Hobby Lobby for $1.50. I wish it was gold and I wish it was bigger, but at least it is a fleur-de-lis.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright Claire's Hair Art 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .